Slow Cooker Mesquite Smokehouse Snack Mix is a crowd-pleasing easy appetizer for holiday gatherings, game day parties, and other festive events this season! With its zesty, bold, and smoky seasonings, this Crock Pot snack will keep fans happy and munchies at bay!
‘Tis the season for parties, right?! Whether you’re a big football fan who’s headed to your next tailgate or just staying in your living room to watch the game with friends, this is the snack that you NEED to serve! And you know what? It’s not just reserved for sporting events! This Crock Pot snack mix would also be a great appetizer to serve at a holiday party. It pairs perfectly with a cold beverage, no matter what the occasion!
One of the keys to the bold, smokey flavor is a can of Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds. They’re crunchy, salty, and oh-so-smokey!
I love the this recipe only takes about 5 minutes to dump into your slow cooker. Other than melting the butter, there’s no cooking involved! Plus, the shortcut step of using a spice packet saves you additional time and money because there’s no need to shop for fancy seasonings or measure out a special blend. You’re going to love the mesquite flavor, too. It’s the perfect amount of KICK without being too much.
All of my boys — from Keith all of the way down to two-year-old Spence love this mix. They can’t keep their hands out of the bowl! I keep a big batch in my cabinet in an airtight container and it’s an easy snack and a great way to curb the munchies in a healthier way. No potato chips in this mix!
Slow Cooker Mesquite Smokehouse Snack Mix
Yield 14 cups
- 4 cups corn square-shaped cereal
- 2 cups wheat square-shaped cereal
- 4 cups small pretzel twists
- 2 cups cheddar cheese-flavored fish-shaped crackers
- 1 (6 ounce) container Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons dry mesquite marinade seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- In slow cooker, place both cereals. Add pretzels, fish crackers, and almonds.
- In small bowl, stir together butter and seasoning mix with whisk until well combined. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Cook uncovered on High* heat setting 2 hours, stirring every 15 to 20 minutes.
- Spread mixture on cookie sheet or tray; cool 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
*Different slow cookers have different amounts of power. If your slow cooker runs hot, you should probably start on "Low" temperature to make sure that the mix doesn't burn. Plus, keep a close eye on it and make sure that you're stirring regularly.
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. Ditch the chips and grab some Game Changing Flavors this football season! Enter for a chance to win the Ultimate Football Party Prize Pack, get great savings and ideas for delicious snack hacks at GameChangingFlavors.com.