I think that I’ve mentioned on here before that my kids will gobble up anything that involves a condensed “cream of something” soup. They also happen to love pasta in just about any form. That’s why this dinner is a true winner!
This Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken and Sauce also makes me very happy, because it’s so easy to prepare. I just dump the ingredients in my slow cooker during the day and dinner is ready in the evening. My only last-minute prep is boiling some pasta, which I can totally handle…even with tired and cranky little ones hanging on me.
The chicken cooks slowly all day in the Crock Pot, becoming incredibly tender. When it’s done cooking, you can either chop it, shred it with a fork, or just leave the chicken breasts whole. Serve the meat over pasta, covered in the creamy tomato sauce. You can thank me later.
Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken and Sauce
- 4 chicken breasts (about 2 lbs.)
- 1 ½ packets dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 ½ cups marinara sauce
- Pasta, for serving
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional), for serving
- Spray inside of slow cooker. Place chicken in slow cooker and sprinkle with Italian dressing mix.
- In a large bowl, combine softened cream cheese, soup, diced tomatoes, and marinara. Pour sauce mixture over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 hours. Before serving, dice or shred chicken. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta and garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Looking for other delicious slow-cooker recipes? Try these favorites: