This has been one of my mom’s go-to meals for a very long time. When she makes it, everyone loves it! As a result, it has become a staple in my kitchen as well. I love that I can pull ingredients out of my pantry (or freezer) and have a delicious, healthy, and easy dinner ready in no time.
This is one of those meals that we seem to tweak every time we make it. If you have fresh herbs on hand, they’re great in the dish. However, if it’s the middle of winter and you don’t want to spend a fortune at the grocery store for a small amount of parsley or basil, no problem – just add a little bit of the dried stuff. It will still be delicious!
Serve this shrimp over pasta (our favorite), rice, or just soak up the sauce with some crusty bread. Enjoy!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) petite-diced tomatoes, undrained
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 Tablespoon finely-minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon finely-minced fresh basil
- 12 ounces large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 container (3.5 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Pasta, rice, or crusty bread for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Heat oil in a large, oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened (about 3 minutes).
- Add garlic, cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and their juice, as well as the wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and let sauce simmer for about 5-10 minutes, or until juices thicken.
- Remove skillet from burner. Stir in parsley, basil, Italian seasoning, shrimp, and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle feta over the top.
- Place skillet in the oven; bake until shrimp are cooked through and cheese has melted (about 12-15 minutes).
- Serve shrimp and sauce over pasta, rice, or crusty bread.
- Recipe adapted from Fitness Magazine, January 2009
Recipe adapted from Fitness Magazine, January 2009
Looking for other delicious shrimp recipes? Try these favorites: