This recipe for Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta was originally published in September, 2013. The photos were updated in May, 2017.
This Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta is a healthy Mediterranean dinner that has been one of my mom’s go-to meals for a very long time. When she makes it, everyone loves it! As a result, it has become a staple in my kitchen as well!
I love that I can pull ingredients out of my pantry (or freezer) and have a delicious, nutritious, and easy dinner ready in no time.
This is one of those meals that we seem to tweak every time we make it. If you have fresh herbs on hand, they’re great in the dish. However, if it’s the middle of winter and you don’t want to spend a fortune at the grocery store for a small amount of parsley or basil, no problem – just add a little bit of the dried stuff. It will still be delicious!
The boys love this shrimp with tomatoes and feta served over pasta or rice. Personally, I think it’s great on its own with a salad and maybe some crusty bread for dipping!
Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta
Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta is an easy and healthy dinner that's perfect with pasta, rice, bread, or salad!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) petite-diced tomatoes, undrained
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 Tablespoon finely-minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon finely-minced fresh basil
- 12 ounces large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Pasta, rice, or crusty bread for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Heat oil in a large, oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened (about 3 minutes).
- Add garlic, cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and their juice, as well as the wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and let sauce simmer for about 5-10 minutes, or until juices thicken.
- Remove skillet from burner. Stir in parsley, basil, Italian seasoning, shrimp, and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle feta over the top.
- Place skillet in the oven; bake until shrimp are cooked through (about 12-15 minutes).
- Serve shrimp and sauce over pasta, rice, or crusty bread.
- Recipe adapted from Fitness Magazine, January 2009
Cooking Just for Two? You can easily cut the ingredients in half and proceed with the same cooking instructions.
Serving Size 1/4th of recipe
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7.7 g
Saturated Fat 2.6 g
Cholesterol 140.2 mg
Sodium 994.3 mg
Total Carbohydrates 15.8 g
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
Sugars 7 g
Protein 21.3 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Recipe adapted from Fitness Magazine, January 2009