Happy Halloween! Are you tired of seeing pumpkin recipes yet? I thought that I would give you a break from the orange stuff today and share a recipe for a quick and easy weeknight dinner (or for a weekend brunch!) instead. After all, in the rush of getting your kids out the door for trick-or-treating, you might just be looking for a fast meal to throw together.
Some folks call these “breakfast burritos,” but I don’t usually get my act together in the morning to make eggs and sausage. It has to be a really special occasion! Instead, I make egg dishes like this for dinner during the week. Breakfast for dinner makes everyone happy…
These Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Burritos are easy to pull together and they taste delicious. We served ours with chips and salsa, but you could also take a more “breakfast-y” route and serve yours with some fresh fruit. At any time of day, they are perfectly tasty!
- 8 ounces bulk pork breakfast sausage
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup salsa
- 4-6 large flour tortillas
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat until meat crumbles and is browned. Drain fat from pan and return sausage to skillet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Pour egg mixture into skillet (with sausage) and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted.
- Place tortillas on countertop. Divide egg mixture evenly among tortillas. Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of salsa over eggs. Fold in edges of tortillas and roll up. Place in a baking dish, cover with aluminum foil, and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.
- Recipe inspired by Paula Deen’s Southwestern Breakfast Burritos
Looking for other great “Breakfast for Dinner” recipes? Try these favorites:
Joining the What’s Shakin’ Link Party!
Linking up to Totally Posted Tuesday!
Joining the Show Me What Ya Got Link Party!
Joining the Life Created Link Party!