Simplify your holiday with these easy Orange Cranberry Corn Muffins, which come together in about 10 minutes thanks to help from a boxed mix! Whether you serve them as a festive Thanksgiving side dish or stash a batch in the freezer for busy weeknight suppers, the sweet, tart, and tender muffins are the perfect make-ahead companion for all of your favorite dinners!
Hey, what can I say? I love a good shortcut that doesn’t actually taste like a shortcut! By jazzing up a box of my favorite corn muffin mix, I can bake a dozen warm autumn-inspired muffins in a matter of minutes!
Seriously, guys…these are probably my favorite muffin recipe to date, and that’s saying a lot from this self-proclaimed muffin aficionado!
While they are certainly fancy enough and delicious enough to serve in a basket alongside your other Thanksgiving fare, please don’t limit yourself to just one holiday! Oranges and cranberries are seasonally appropriate all winter long, so feel free to enjoy them for months to come.
They are great with roasted pork or chicken, a sweet contrast to a hot bowl of soup or chili, or even an easy make-ahead breakfast option for mornings on-the-go. They freeze perfectly, so just defrost as many as you need (either overnight on the counter or in the microwave for 20-30 seconds) and your meal will be complete!
Orange Cranberry Corn Muffins
- 2 (8.5 ounce) boxes corn muffin mix (I use Jiffy brand)
- 2 eggs
- Zest from 1 navel orange
- 1/3 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup milk
- ½ cup dried cranberries that have been lightly tossed in about ½ teaspoon flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease muffin pan or line with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, stir together first 5 ingredients. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Fold in cranberries and let batter rest for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir gently and divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Looking for other delicious sides? Try these favorites: