Hi, friends! I have a recipe and a fun, family activity to share with you today. Double whammy! First, check out this Lightened-Up Funfetti Cake Batter Dip…it’s packed with protein (thanks to Greek yogurt), but it tastes like you’re licking a bowl of cake batter!
Served with graham crackers, animal crackers, or fruit slices, this dip would be the perfect addition to a kid’s birthday party, or a great way to welcome your children home for snack after a day at school. But in this house, we choose to eat it for dinner! That’s right…dinner. :)
We have a nice little tradition that we call Family Movie Night. About once a week (usually on a Friday or Saturday evening), the boys get an early bath, put on their pajamas, and spread out some blankets on the living room floor. We rent a family-friendly movie and everyone sits on the floor to eat our dinner (like a picnic!). The kids LOVE that I allow them to eat somewhere other than the kitchen table, and Keith and I love the relaxed family downtime.
As you can see from the photos I took here, we often have pizza for dinner on a movie night. It’s the perfect meal because we don’t need utensils and the crumbs are minimal. On other evenings, I serve a movie night dinner that is made up of snack-type finger foods. These are often typical party appetizers that the boys can munch on while they watch the show. Some favorites are Mini Pigs in a Blanket (using crescent rolls and lil’ smokies), Queso Dip and Chips, carrots and ranch dip, snack mixes, fruit kabobs with yogurt dip, and this Lightened-Up Funfetti Cake Batter Dip.
A fun way to spend an evening inside together!
Even Spence participates in the fun from the comfort of his swing or Bumbo seat!
Give this recipe a try at your own Family Movie Night!
- 1 cup Funfetti cake mix (you can also use yellow cake mix if you prefer)
- 1 cup non-fat Greek-style vanilla yogurt
- ¾ cup fat-free whipped topping, thawed (such as Cool Whip)
- Rainbow sprinkles, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, stir together cake mix and yogurt. Gently fold in whipped topping until completely combined. Dip will be thick, but fluffy.
- Cover and refrigerate dip for about 4 hours (or overnight). Garnish with sprinkles just before serving.
Looking for other delicious snack foods? Try these: