When my friend Caryn sent me this recipe for 3-Ingredient Healthy Banana Pancakes, I knew that I just had to include them on the blog. They are genius!
With only 3 simple ingredients (banana, eggs, and cinnamon), these healthy banana pancakes are the perfect finger food for your little ones.
Caryn’s son Reid loves them so much that one batch is never enough! She waits until she has a few overripe bananas and then makes a plateful for her little man.
Served with a side of syrup for dipping, I can’t think of a better way to get some fruit and protein into our kiddos’ bodies. But you know what? These Healthy Banana Pancakes are sweet enough that they don’t even really need any maple syrup. I love to spread some peanut butter on top for a flavorful and satisfying breakfast.
And by the way, I can vouch for the fact that they’re pretty delicious, too. Reid has good taste! These mini pancakes are a great breakfast or snack for adults as well. Plus, you can prep them in advance and keep a stash in the refrigerator for a few days. Just microwave to reheat and breakfast is served.
Thanks for the fun recipe, Caryn!
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional (but highly recommended): ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Mash banana in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the two eggs.
- Add eggs to banana and whisk together until thoroughly combined. Whisk in salt and cinnamon.
- Preheat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Spray griddle with cooking spray and use a tablespoon to drop batter onto griddle. Let set for a few minutes, and then flip with spatula. Cook for an additional minute or two on remaining side and remove to plate.
Nutrition Information for the Entire Recipe (about 12-13 mini pancakes):