Simple and fresh ingredients come together to highlight the beautiful taste and texture of this Garlic & Herb Baked Salmon. It’s a fast, easy, and healthy dinner recipe that everyone enjoys!
Salmon is such a pretty fish, don’t you think? Rarely do I snap photos of a meal before it’s cooked…there’s just something about raw meat that does NOT look very appealing.
This dinner, however, was obviously different!
As I was preparing the fish packets to pop them in my oven, I couldn’t help but notice all of the bright and cheerful colors of the fresh ingredients. Mother Nature is amazing, isn’t she?
Almost always, the simplest meals are the best. This is one of those great examples of a dish that uses just a few ingredients that work together in magical ways.
Lemon, garlic, and herbs highlight the natural flavor of the salmon. Plus, when they bake together in a convenient little parchment (or foil) packet, the fish stays tender and moist…and the clean-up is a SNAP!
This is healthy dining at its finest — in only 30 minutes! Now that’s my kind of meal.
- 4 thick, firm boneless salmon fillets (about 4 ounces each)
- Parchment paper or aluminum foil, for baking
- 4 thick slices of lemon
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 8 small sprigs of fresh thyme
- 8 sprigs fresh dill
- 4 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut four pieces of aluminum foil or parchment paper that are about twice the size of each salmon fillet.
- Sprinkle the salmon with a little bit of salt and pepper, and then place each fillet on the center of a parchment square.
- Place a slice of lemon on top of each piece of fish; drizzle with about 1 teaspoon of olive oil; put half of a garlic clove, 2 thyme sprigs, 2 dill sprigs, and 1 rosemary sprig on top.
- Fold the parchment paper to seal each parcel tightly shut.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.