Layering ingredients in a jar is the most effective way to prepare a salad ahead of time and still keep everything fresh for days. Make these Chicken Bacon and Ranch Mason Jar Salads and you will have delicious and satisfying grab-and-go lunches ready and waiting for your busy week!
A mason jar salad is really one of my absolute favorite ways to prep ahead because it’s amazing how a tightly-packed airtight container can prevent produce from getting soggy or turning brown…even after a few days in the refrigerator! Plus, when you’re ready to eat you just DUMP it out on a plate or into a bowl and you’ve got the dressing and toppings sitting nicely on a bed of fresh greens. It honestly doesn’t get much easier than that!
I’ve shared my Spinach and Bacon Mason Jar Salads, as well as my healthy Chicken Taco Mason Jar Salads more recently. But this combination is such a classic, I couldn’t keep it to myself. Who doesn’t LOVE chicken, bacon, cheese, and avocado all mixed up together in a cool and creamy Ranch dressing?! It’s just so good!
Plus, if you want to add some hardboiled egg and swap the cheddar for blue cheese, you’ll have a tasty Cobb Salad ready instead. The options are endless, the method is incredibly versatile, and there’s no need to ever get tired of the same old boring salad!
Chicken Bacon and Ranch Mason Jar Salads
- ¾ cup Ranch dressing (I used a yogurt-based store-bought version, but homemade or any other favorite version will work)
- 9 ounces cooked, diced chicken
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and coarsely chopped (about 37 grams)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce or other mixed greens, plus additional as needed
- 4 (quart-size) wide-mouth mason jars
- Place a few tablespoons of dressing at the bottom of each jar.
- Divide remaining ingredients among the jars, layering in the following order: chicken, bacon, avocado, cheese, lettuce. Twist on the top to seal your salads and refrigerate until ready to serve.
** The trick to keeping everything fresh (without browning on the avocado) is to pack the jar as tightly as possible. Keep adding lettuce to the top and really pack it down until you absolutely cannot squeeze any more inside! Then seal the lid!
Looking for other tasty salads? Try these: